If your cat suffers from lower urinary tract disease you can help by feeding it a diet which provides optimal nutritional support for its urinary system. Urinary tract disease can lead to urinary stones (including struvite and calcium oxalate). Royal Canin Urinary S/O products were developed as an adjunctive treatment for cystitis and urinary stones.
- Dissolution of struvite uroliths
- Prophylactic treatment/prevention of calcium oxalate stones
- Prophylactic treatment/ prevention of struvite stones
- Pregnancy, lactation, kittens
- Chronic renal failure, metabolic acidosis
- Heart failure
- Parallel use of urine acidifying medication
- Struvite dissolution: URINARY S/O helps to dissolve all types of struvite stones.
- Urine dilution: Diluting the urine makes it less liable to form struvite and calcium oxalate stones.
- Low RSS: Helps to lower the concentration of ions contributing to crystal formation.
- Protecting bladder mucosa: Glycosaminoglycan (GAG) is a natural part of the bladder mucosa and protects against bacteria and toxins.
Changing your pet's diet and length of treatment:
Your pet will need to stay on this diet for 5 to 12 weeks, or until the stones are dissolved. It is advisable to feed this diet for a further 6 months to prevent a recurrence.
Please ensure that during its illness your pet is fed only with URINARY S/O, otherwise the effectiveness of this product may be reduced.Feeding recommendation (g/day)
No posts found