During gestation and lactation, female dogs need a dog food that is adapted to their special requirements during this demanding time. Growing puppies from four weeks need additional food to support them in their growth. Royal Canin Giant Starter with Start Complex is specially developed for the nutritional needs of bitches and puppies of giant breeds.
- Dog food with adjusted nutrient density and energy content
- For bitches during gestation and lactation
- For weaning of puppies from four weeks of age
During lactation, bitches need the right amount of energy for milk production, and lots of water. A generous energy intake will prevent weight loss. Regardless of the size of the litter, a lactating bitch needs 2 to 3 times her usual energy intake. She therefore needs a food with the right nutrient density and energy contents.
Puppies can be fed semi-solid food from three to four weeks of age. Puppies are now developed enough to be needing less maternal milk and take in more and more solid food. Puppies will imitate their mother's feeding behaviour. At the same time, the mother dog's energy requirements will decrease, meaning she needs less food.
- Dry dog food for dogs of very large dog breeds from 45kg
- For pregnant or nursing bitches: their special nutritional requirements are met by the adjusted nutritional profile with high nutrient content and energy density
- For puppies: a helpful support during the weaning phase, from three to four weeks of age
- Start Complex: a special combination of nutrients present in maternal milk and special additives supports digestive security and puppies' immune system
- Rehydration: The kibble may be combined with water to create a tasty mash or just lightly hydrated, perfect for your bitch and her puppies during weaning
Rice, poultry protein (dried), animal fat, vegetable protein isolate*, animal protein (hydrolysed), corn, beet pulp, minerals, soya oil, lignocellulose, fish oil, fructo-oligosaccharide, psyllium (husks and seeds), yeast hydrolysate (source of mannan-oligosaccharide), butyrate, yeast extract (source of beta glucan), marigold meal (source of lutein).
*L.I.P.: protein selected for its very high assimilation.Additives per kg:
Vitamin A (19,000 IU), vitamin D3 (1200 IU), E1 [iron] (42mg), E2 [iodine] (4.2mg), E4 [copper] (13mg), E5 [manganese] (55mg), E6 [zinc] (134mg), E8 [selenium] (0.07mg).
Clinoptilolite from sedimentary sources (10g).Preservatives:
protein 30.0 % fat 22.0 % fibre 1.9 % ash 7.9 %Ingredients:
- Feeding recommendation:Royal Canin Giant Starter - Mother & Babydog is a complete food for puppies during the weaning phase and nursing or pregnant bitches.For mixing with water, please note the amount indicated on the feed bag.For puppies in weaning
Age (weeks) Final weight
0 - 2 Babydog Milk Babydog Milk Babydog Milk Babydog Milk Babydog Milk 2 - 3 30g 30g 30g 50g 50g 3 - 4 110g 130g 160g 200g 200g 4 - 5 170g 195g 220g 240g 240g 5 - 6 190g 220g 250g 280g 280g 6 - 7 245g 275g 300g 400g 400g 7 - 8 320g 360g 400g 480g 480g Pregnant (weeks) 45kg 60kg 80kg 90kg 100kg 6 503g 584g 662g 810g 915g 7 548g 637g 722g 883g 998g 8 594g 690g 783g 957g 1081g 9 640g 744g 843g 1031g 1164g Lactation as needed as needed as needed as needed as needed
Ensure fresh drinking water is always available.
No posts found